TRI BABE & INFO POINT
The name of the owner who had the house built is unknown, but archaeological research has revealed veils about its past. According to the building analysis, the present design of the building dates back to the last quarter of the 18th century, but the archaeological remains discovered have shown that it is significantly older. Its oldest phase can be dated to shortly after the construction of the city defensive wall, and archaeological research has revealed traces of an even older settlement.
The names of the owners of the house appear in written sources from the mid-18th century onwards. In the middle of the 18th century, the house was bought by Jurij Lessiack, who sold it in 1763 to the master mason Jurij Stadler. In 1786 the house was signed over to Franz Xaver Zeisl, and in 1799 it became the property of Michael Klantschnigg and his wife Elisabeth, née J. Matilnigg.
The building was finally rebuilt in 1838, and in 1897 a passageway was built alongside it to today's Vodnikov Square. Until the 20th century, the building housed a black kitchen, which served as a smokehouse during the two wars. In 1941, the ownership of the house passed to the Municipality of Maribor. The house was completely renovated between 2020 and 2022, and now houses a puppet museum, a café and an archaeological room.
HEADS OF BAROQUE LADIES
Two heads of Baroque sculptures that were embedded in the walls of the south cellar were a surprising discovery. They were made in the middle of the 18th century, according to the stylistic features of their design, and were part of the Baroque statues, of which only parts have survived, also found in the walls of the cellar. Both heads are on display at the Info Point of the Minoriti Cultural Quarter.
In a tangle of stories
Welcome to Minoriti - an urban intersection where we create activities for visitors of all ages, encourage creativity and nourish childlike curiosity.